Sony implement this floating touch feature on their not yet release Xperia™ Sola, this unique floating touch screen lets consumer to navigate on screen with just hovering their finger above the touch screen. Maybe there will be no more dirty screen cause by finger print.
Sola not just comes with floating touch screen technology, but comes with other feature such as Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for sharp and more clarity screen, xLOUD™ and 3D surround sound audio technology delivering crisp and loud sound, and a 1GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance. Xperia™ sola also comes with fast capture to take the camera from sleep to snap in a little over a second with a single key press.
Xperia™ Sola specification
– Dual Core 1 GHz processor
– 3,7 inch (floating) touch screen with Reality Display (854×480)
– Android OS 2.3 (upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Summer 2012)
– 8 GB Internal Memory plus microSD
– 5 MP camera and HD video recording (720p)
– Wi-Fi, aGPS, DLNA, MicroUSB, USB Host
No information when this phone will be released